Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SENATOR FEINGOLD TO THE EVIL ONE......"YOU'RE WRONG DICK"

Once again, my favorite Senator tells it like it is!

From Think Progress:

Feingold says Cheney is wrong: ‘Nothing I have seen’ in the CIA memos proves torture was necessary.

During his weeks-long media tour defending torture, Vice President Dick Cheney has repeatedly pointed to two CIA memos that he says “showed the success of the effort.” During a Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing today, Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI) declared that nothing in those memos suggests that torture was the most effective way to gain information:

Nothing I have seen — including the two documents to which former Vice President Cheney has repeatedly referred — indicates that the torture techniques authorized by the last administration were necessary, or that they were the best way to get information out of detainees. The former vice president is misleading the American people when he says otherwise.

Watch it:




Click here to read ThinkProgress’s extensive report on why Bush’s “enhanced interrogation” program failed.

10 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

He is my favorite senator, too - the only one who voted against the patriot act the first time.

Grandpa Eddie said...

Riot Kitty - Yes he did, and I think he voted against it again when it came up for renewal.


BTW, He really is my Senator.

HermitJim said...

What he says is ringing true to me...good to see someone stand up for ther truth!

Grandpa Eddie said...

Jim - Russ has been the one Senator who has consistently stood up for the truth. I am very proud of him and very proud to have him as one of my Senators.

Thanks for stopping by, my friend.

themom said...

Woohoo - go Feingold!!! I appreciate that he is brave enough to take his sometimes "against the concensus" stance.

Grandpa Eddie said...

themom - He's a good dude! He'll stand up to anyone he disagrees with.

ZIRGAR said...

Go, Russ! It's nice to hear someone take a stand and show some real strength right now. I like your Russ Feingold. Always have!

Grandpa Eddie said...

ZIRGAR - Russ never has been afraid to speak his mind, and he stands by his principles. I wish there were another 50 just like him in the Senate.

LeftyLadi said...

I hardly ever hear a peep from our two Senators Boxer and Feinstein. Good for you for having a senator who is a stand up guy.

Grandpa Eddie said...

Nancy - I think there are people in several states that could say the same thing. Some work hard behind the scene, then there are others who seem to do nothing.

My other Senator, Herb Kohl, doesn't make the news much but he is doing a good job(most of the time)so far. He's more of a moderate Democrat. The guy's a self made multi-millionaire.