Friday, May 22, 2009

"MANCOW" GETS WATERBOARDED......LASTS SIX SECONDS

Tough guy conservative Chicago radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller had himself waterboarded today to prove it isn't torture. Well....now he says it is torture.

From Raw Story:

Conservative radio hosts gets waterboarded, and lasts six seconds before saying its torture

Chicago radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller decided he'd get himself waterboarded to prove the technique wasn't torture.

It didn't turn out that way. "Mancow," in fact, lasted just six or seven seconds before crying foul. Apparently, the experience went pretty badly -- "Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop," according to NBC Chicago.

"The average person can take this for 14 seconds," Marine Sergeant Clay South told his audience before he was waterboarded on air. "He's going to wiggle, he's going to scream, he's going to wish he never did this."

Mancow was set on a 7-foot long table with his legs elevated and his feet tied.

"I wanted to prove it wasn't torture," Mancow said. "They cut off our heads, we put water on their face...I got voted to do this but I really thought 'I'm going to laugh this off.' "

The upshot? "It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that's no joke," Mancow told listeners. "It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back...It was instantaneous...and I don't want to say this: absolutely torture."

"Absolutely. I mean that's drowning," he added later. "It is the feeling of drowning."

"If I knew it was gonna be this bad, I would not have done it," he said.

The 42-year-old radio host is no stranger to controversy. In 2005, he was maligned for saying that then-Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean was "vile," "bloodthirsty," "evil" and "should be kicked out of America."


23 comments:

David Aquarius said...

Another example of what happens when a wingnut goes head on with reality at high speed.

more Repug roadkill.

Riot Kitty said...

Wow - well unlike Hannity, he really had the balls to go through with it and admit it was torture.

I'd love to see Cheney do it.

ZIRGAR said...

Yeah, this guy is a dick, but at least he had the cajones to go through with it. Funny how his mind changed, huh? Now, if only we can get Hannity to honor his word and make it something to benefit the troops. I knew he'd weasel out of it.

Sidhe said...

What an idiot! There is no need for any of these so-called "personalities" to continue to attempt prove to us that it is not torture. A man who was a POW, who was tortured and who is a Republican (golly, gee, he was even their presidential candidate even though Bill O'Reilly refused to vote for him) has called waterboarding:

"a horrible torture technique"
"a terrible and odious practice and should never be condoned in the U.S."
"very exquisite torture"

Whether I like the man or not, I am inclined to believe him on this one, he knows a little better than I do and he knows a hell of a lot better than Mancow!

LeftyLadi said...

OMG Eddie - We got that great minds thing just rollin' along. I posted something similar to this on my blog about the same time you did. I wonder if Gordon did too.

YogaforCynics said...

god...I'd think just having to exist as such a total tool as that "mancow" guy would be more torture than I could bear...

Grandpa Eddie said...

David - Exactly!

Riot Kitty - They drew straws and Mancow lost. I think we all would love to see (on TV) Cheney get waterboarded.

ZIRGAR - Mancow does have balls...something Hannity will NEVER have.

Sidhe - Now we have another right-wing nob who will admit it is torture....and this one has a big listening audience.

Nancy - Great minds, my dear. Great minds.

Yoga - I hear ya....suggest ya don't ever listen to his crap. Not as bad as Limpballs, but close.

Gordon said...

Not only did I do something similar, I stole it complete, word for word, from Ed!

God made jer eyes to plagiarize...

Grandpa Eddie said...

ROFLMAO!!

Stop, Gordon...I can't breath an' my side is killin' me.

The Suburban Bushwacker said...

'head on with reality at high speed'
Couldn't have put it any better
SBW

Grandpa Eddie said...

SBW - yeah...that pretty much says it all right there.

LeftyLadi said...

Gordon! LOL!!! A tip 'o the glass to the Three Amigos.

Cats r Flyfishn said...

Next, Cheney, then Hannity. A lottery should take care of the rest of these fools.

We should make bets on how long will Cheney last. Can you make a poll on blogspot?

Cats r Flyfishn said...

Wonder when Hannity will schedule his waterboarding for charity?

Grandpa Eddie said...

Cats - I can probably set up a poll....once I figure out what I'm doing.

Hannity will never allow himself to be waterboarded, he's too much of a chickenshit pussy to do that. He made the statement to make himself look tough and make waterboarding look like it was no big thing.

Anonymous said...

I love your website, seriously. I read it daily via my Greader
flowers

Matt Osborne said...

Isn't that video great? he lasts like, what, three seconds??

He might be a wingnut, but he's at least man enough to admit he was wrong.

Grandpa Eddie said...

flowers - I thank you. I appreciate all my readers. Thanks for making Leftist Grandpa one of your daily reads.

Grandpa Eddie said...

Matt Osborne - Yes it was.

He did admit that it IS torture....but I wonder how long that memory will last. Will he be like so many other right-wingers who deny what they said at a later date.

SheaNC said...

Aw, heck, let's go ahead and waterboard Hannity anyway. I mean, I think he looks like he has valuable informa-- no, wait, I take that part back. Hannity couldn't possibly have any useful information about anthing.

Grandpa Eddie said...

Shea - I think it would be fun to waterboard Hannity just for the hell of it, that and to see how long it takes him to cry like a four year old.

We already know there is no information to garner from him. He doesn't do any fact-checking so there would be no information we could get from him.

Distributorcap said...

will this make mancow change his tune -- once a wingnut

Grandpa Eddie said...

D-Cap - I really doubt that he's gonna change his tune. He may agree that's it's torture, but he'll think of something else to use to support Cheney.