Hat-tip to Maru at WTF Is It Now?!?.
Rush Limbaugh’s three-decade career in radio has produced some of the dumbest statements ever uttered. To coincide with Michael Wolff’s article on Limbaugh from the new issue, VF.com presents a list of the schlock jock’s 10 most asinine pronouncements:
1. “There is no conclusive proof that nicotine’s addictive... And the same thing with cigarettes causing emphysema, lung cancer, heart disease.”
2. “Columbus saved the Indians from themselves.”
3. "He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act... This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting."
4. “[African Americans] are twelve percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”
5. “Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.”
6. “Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.”
7. “We are a growing country and everybody needs energy! We're not going to stay the United States if we start reducing energy usage. Conservation is not the answer.”
8. To a black caller: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”
9. On torture at Abu Ghraib: “This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation. And we're going to ruin people's lives over it, and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time, these people—you ever heard of emotional release? You ever heard of need to blow some team off?”
10. “Screw the world. Do you really think we ought to govern ourselves based on what the world thinks of us?”
And coming in at number eleven is his latest, referring to the pirates the Navy SEALs shot this last weekend.
11. "President Obama ordered the killing of three black Muslim kids."