Thursday, June 11, 2009

HOW COOL IS THIS...

I saw this all happen on TV!

President Obama was in my state today visiting Green Bay.

After Barry gave his speech, he did his normal town hall meeting thing and took questions from the audience. There was a dad there with his daughter who was called on. The dad explained that his daughter was missing her last day of school to be there.

The President asked the girl if she needed him to write her an excuse for the day. Both her and her dad said that would be great. Barry asked the girl her name and then proceeded to write her a note to excuse her from her last day of school. The news coverage showed the girl walking up and Barry handing her the excuse.

NOW HOW FUCKING COOL IS THAT!!!!

UPDATE: Watch this video and you'll see it at the end!

11 comments:

One Fly said...

I may not be all that happy with our President BUT a heart plus a brain and a bit of humor mean a bunch compared to before.

Grandpa Eddie said...

One Fly - Yes it does.

Riot Kitty said...

Awwwwwwww! I love it!

Speaking of presidents, Mr. RK made a comment about Bush yesterday: "I think he probably spends a lot of time possibilitating."

Grandpa Eddie said...

Riot Kitty - Possibilitating...Isn't that a word the Shrub use to use?

It must be. I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary and it's not listed in there yet.

Anonymous said...

Heart Brain and Humor---YEA Human Beings! And a little Soul too!

YEA even more. That is the coolest story ever. I needed some good news after all the crap I have had to look at these past few days.

Gordon said...

It is WAY FUCKING COOL is how cool it is!

Grandpa Eddie said...

Seeing Eye Chick - Yes, it's nice to have some happy news for a change, albeit very brief, it's still nice.

Gordon - Yeah, WAY FUCKING COOL is soooo right, pal.

Anonymous said...

It's all a damn conspiracy to keep hope alive.
Heh!

Grandpa Eddie said...

jeg43 - I don't know about it being a conspiracy.....but I hope things like this keep hope alive.

Aliceson said...

That's why I love that he's our president. Fantastic!!!

Grandpa Eddie said...

Aliceson - Yeah, ain't he great!

Hey, he wasn't too far away from you the other day. I suppose you didn't get the chance to go see him though, did ya?