Saturday, October 25, 2008

MORE BAILOUT......

Ok....so first it's the banks we taxpayers (not our choice) HAVE TO bailout. Now big insurance companies...."including The Hartford, Prudential and MetLife".....want the Feds to bail them out, too.

So....let's see....more taxpayer dollars for the BIG MONEY PEOPLE. As a taxpayer who is being forced, as all of us are, into this position by big money, "Treasury Secretary Henry M. Paulson" and "the Federal Reserve," I want to know when it's my turn to get a bailout!

From the Washington Post:

Bailout Expands to Insurers

Treasury to Take Stakes in Firms as Distress Spreads Beyond Banks

Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Treasury Department is dramatically expanding the scope of its bailout of the financial system with a plan to take ownership stakes in the nation's insurance companies, signaling new concerns about a sector of the economy whose troubles until now have been overshadowed by the banking industry.....

....firms have taken losses from mortgage-related securities and other investments and are struggling to replenish their coffers.

....firms have taken losses from mortgage-related securities and other investments and are struggling to replenish their coffers.

Go to Bailout Expands to Insurers for the rest.

I sure would like my "coffers" replenished...and I'm just as sure you'd like yours replenished, too.

2 comments:

SheaNC said...

I can't remember what my coffers look like. But if I find them, maybe I can sell them for enough to buy a tank of gas!

Grandpa Eddie said...

I think the wife sold ours at the rummage sale last year so we could pay the electric bill.