Thursday, January 28, 2010

AVATAR.......

The Mrs and I went and saw "AVATAR " yesterday afternoon, in 3D. All I can say is....WOW! Great visuals! Fantastic flick. The story line was excellent. This has to be James Cameron's best yet, beats "Titanic" hands down. "AVATAR" is well worth all the hype it has received.

I know everyone has heard all the negative crap that has been said about it by the right-wing ass-hats about how this was supposed to be anti-American and anti-military, and from the Holier than Thou Poop through his talking heads at the Vatican about how this was really about the religion of nature.

What I think it was is a social/ecological/economic/political statement by Mr. Cameron that stepped on a few toes and bruised a few egos.

It definitely makes a statement alright!

It's a statement against mega-corporations that want to control everything. It's a statement against groups like Blackwater, KRB, and Haliburton. It's a statement against the corporate rape of the ecological system, and the destruction of our natural resources. And it makes a big statement about governments who think they can get away with ignoring other races, peoples and their cultures by sending their military in to force change.

So yeah, I guess it was a statement about how the government and commanders of the military of the United States treat and mistreat other countries...especially those in the third world.

Make no mistake, I do not fault those in uniform who are doing the job they are ordered to do. I have total respect for our service personnel. It's the Generals and the chickenhawks I take issue with.

Anyway....if you get the chance to see "AVATAR" in 3D, go see it.

4 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

You know, I wasn't planning on seeing it, but if right-wingers are conspiracy-theorizing about it, I probably will go!

Grandpa Eddie said...

Go see it RK. It's great. We're going to go again 'cause we liked it so much.

A World Quite Mad said...

You do realize that the plot is a trope, known as "mighty whitey" where the white man shows the natives how to do it, because they can't save themselves. I've seen it called "Dances with Wolves in Space" or "Dances with Smurfs in Space" if the poster is really annoyed with it LOL

The problem with films like this, in general any film that is pretty, because the visuals are impressive, stunning even, is that you're so busy looking at the scenery that if the plot is as thin as Miso Soup, you don't notice. =D

Well, I still notice the plot and the story, and it annoys me when it's faulty. I hate plot holes.

I never go to the movies, so I haven't seen it. I probably won't see it either, not because I have anything against it, just because I don't watch TV or movies really. I hadn't heard about the Right-wingers hating it, but I suppose it should come as no surprise. They don't like anything that makes people think or dream. I suppose I'm with Riot Kitty. I'd almost go see it just because the religious idiots are pitching a fit over it. That is the only reason why I read Harry Potter in the first place. XD

Cats r Flyfishn said...

I found this movie very enjoyable. It made me wish that I was 10 feet tall and blue with movable ears. There really aren't that many different plots. Stories are either a tragedy or a comedy. There's the build-up, the climax, and the end to every story. The visuals in this movie are worth the money.